About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Jonathan Denard McNeair and I grew up in Lexington, North Carolina, also known as Pig City...Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha...The town is mostly known for its barbeque where they often throw barbeque festivals every October. In my chosen career, I am a self-published author of fiction.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

80's horror film reviews: Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

You all know that i'm a huge friday the 13th fan and although i think of this as a teen sex comedy and horror film rolled into one, this has got to be one of the more fun addtion of the series. I don't know how many times i wacthed this when I was 11 or 12, about 50 I guess. You may think it's a stupid slasher with your average, idiotic teens going on a camp only to be killed brutally but it's one of the most entertaining movie of the bunch.
So the story is about siblings Trish and Tommy Jarvis vacationing with their mother all the while a group of dumb, rowdy teens is staying next door. So Jason comes along....and you know what happens.
What makes this movie so memorable is that it stars young Corey Feldman and a fresh-faced Crispin Glover before their big roles in The Goonies and Back To The Future, respectfully. Not only that but the bone-chilling death scenes that make this series so great. The story is simple which is the reason why I kept it short but what do you expect in the friday the 13th movies.
The acting is meh.....but I have to say that Kimberly Beck makes a bad-ass final girl. Her character goes through so much to outrun Jason even going so far as to crashing through a window and still going strong when Jason is at the back of her heel while holding her machette, telling him to bring it on. If that's not bad-ass I don't know what it is. As for Corey Feldman, he didn't do much until the final act. Seeing that bug-eyed look in his eye, he could play crazy really good.
I pretty much outgrown these movies a bit but it does give me good memories. I remember how fun it was when I catch a friday the 13th marathon on TV and watch it up until midnight. My most favorite one above this, hands down, is Friday the 13th: New blood that I will review later.
So my last word is: A bloody, cheesy funfest

No comments: