About Me

My photo
Hi, my name is Jonathan Denard McNeair and I grew up in Lexington, North Carolina, also known as Pig City...Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha...The town is mostly known for its barbeque where they often throw barbeque festivals every October. In my chosen career, I am a self-published author of fiction.

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Dynasty (2017)







Boy, this was a stinker. When I first looked at this trailer, I literally thought I was watching a parody of a Prime Time Soap. Not only the thought of remaking Dynasty was uncalled for, but the sheer over-the-top, cliched feel of the show makes it even worse. I don't know what the hell is going with CW but their content is really shitty. Hell, they're much better running cheesy comic book superhero shows than TV dramas. And what boggles me even more, is that this terrible show is getting a third season! How the hell did they manage that!



Okay, let's examine the original. The OG Dynasty is not a perfect show by any means but at least it was entertaining. The show also had this fine majesty to it. The cinematography, the music, the fashion, it was absolutely beautiful to soak in. There was no way you can make a show like Dynasty now, it's the epitome of the 80's. It was made for that decade. Though the show that we have now is a typical, generic potboiler with amateur writing.


And yes, I do love Nicolette Sheridan but I just don't see her as Alexis.


I feel like Joan Collins is the only actress in the world that could play such a role. Hell, she was the one who made the original what it is now. So how can another actress replicate that?
Anywho, I'll probably talk more about this show in the future as the first two seasons are on Netflix. But don't think twice that I'll just hop on it immediately. This show is not on my radar and I'll only look at it just to warn to AVOID THIS.


No comments: